Another day, another world crisis. This one in Egypt. Chaos rules the Streets of Egypt as a political power struggle ensues. In more ways than one it reminds me of the Iranian revolution during the Jimmy Carter presidency. And in no small way – Barack Obama’s handling of the situation reminds me of the way Carter bumbled through the Iranian Revolution. And Carters betrayal of the Shah of Iran leading up to that revolution, worked out so well for the US historically—>NOT! I will toss Obama a bone and say that he is in a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. There is no winning solution available – all paths look mined for destruction. Nor will Obama’s teleprompter offer up a magical solution. But Obama continues to make a bad situation, worse. And Obama’s attempt to kiss up to a Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization is very much channeling Carter’s attempts to kiss up to the radical nut job followers of Ayatollah Khomeini. Even Chris Matthews seems to be losing his Obama man-crush as he bemoans Obama’s handling of the Egyptian crisis. As I sit here watching and pondering the current events unfold in Egypt – I see Barack Obama leading us down a Jimmy Carter path towards a future where we reminisce about coulda-woulda-shoulda during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
- WILL OBAMA BE “the President who lost Egypt?” Well, stay tuned. But Chris Matthews is already wa… (pajamasmedia.com)
- “Obama to Egypt’s Coptic Christians: “If I were in your shoes right now Iâ€™d be…” “LEAVING! What a GOOD idea!”” and related posts (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- “Paper: On Egypt, Obama Channeling Jimmy Carter” and related posts (patdollard.com)
- Where do we go from here? Does Obama have any good ideas? (mpidirect.com)
- Obama Loses the Middle East (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)