The media is now reporting Canada has officially withdrawn from the Kyoto pact.
This week, various UN Nations endlessly haggled and bickered over Global Warming Cassandra Project Scenarios and Solutions at COP-17. In a last minute deal the group agreed on a path of continuing the Kyoto pact while seeking to continue to negotiate a more authoritative deal among the various UN delegation commitments. The key sticking points seem to be seeking language addressing funding for the Global Warming Committees pet projects and a method to legally bind all countries to the UN COP-17 Pact. The US/Obama delegate handled the agreement in typical Obama fashion by agreeing to the pass the pact while acknowledging the final details could be worked out later. In other words a typical Obama/Reid/Pelosi piece of legislation – They have to pass it – before we can find out what is in it. Yikes!!!! Another Obamacare in the making. Just like the Bush Administration – the Obama Administration also seems to think the US should play kiss-ass to UN agendas. No thank you!!!
As far as contributions to whatever pork projects the UN Global Warming Cassandra Project determines are worthy: in the pursuit of studying Global Warming – I think the US Congress should agree to contribute $1 per project to the group, as long as we have documented proof from the UN that each contribution is appropriated only to GW projects previously approved by a 2/3 majority US Congressional Vote. Plus the only approved Congressional application for any COP-17 draft that includes offering the UN legally-binding influence on US legislation or business – is as toilet paper.
However in reverence towards the latest round of Global Warming efforts I include the following link from lowerwolfjaw.com to a post that offers up 121 years of climate predictions including:
- Is our climate changing? The succession of temperate summers and open winters through several years, culminating last winter in the almost total failure of the ice crop throughout the valley of the Hudson, makes the question pertinent. The older inhabitants tell us that the Winters are not as cold now as when they were young, and we have all observed a marked diminution of the average cold even in this last decade. – New York Times June 23, 1890
- The question is again being discussed whether recent and long-continued observations do not point to the advent of a second glacial period, when the countries now basking in the fostering warmth of a tropical sun will ultimately give way to the perennial frost and snow of the polar regions – New York Times – February 24, 1895
- “Fifth ice age is on the way…..Human race will have to fight for its existence against cold.” – Los Angles Times October 23, 1912
- The United States and the Soviet Union are mounting large-scale investigations to determine why the Arctic climate is becoming more frigid, why parts of the Arctic sea ice have recently become ominously thicker and whether the extent of that ice cover contributes to the onset of ice ages. – New York Times – July 18, 1970
- The battle to feed humanity is over. In the 1970s, the world will undergo famines. Hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. — Paul Ehrlich – The Population Bomb (1968)
- In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish. — Paul Ehrlich, Earth Day (1970)
- “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind. We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation,” – Barry Commoner Washington University Earth Day 1970
- New Ice Age Coming—It’s Already Getting Colder. Some midsummer day, perhaps not too far in the future, a hard, killing frost will sweep down on the wheat fields of Saskatchewan, the Dakotas and the Russian steppes…..Los Angles Times Oct 24, 1971
- U.N. OFFICIAL PREDICTS DISASTER SAYS GREENHOUSE EFFECT COULD WIPE SOME NATIONS OFF MAP – entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of “eco-refugees,” threatening political chaos, said Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program. He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect – Associated Press June 30, 1989
😯 and on and on and on 😯
- U.S. Called ‘Immoral’, Canada ‘Laggard’ at International Climate Conference (theblaze.com)
- Salvaging The Mythology Of Man-Caused Global Warming (forbes.com)
- Global Warming Lie #7: The Science Is Settled (vocalminority.typepad.com)